President Jose Eduardo dos Santos
• The father of President Jose Eduardo dos Santos was a construction worker. President José Eduardo dos Santos joined the MPLA while he was still pursuing his schooling.
• Increasing repression led him to go into self-exile in 1961.
• From the Republic of the Congo, he collaborated with MPLA, and soon took the post of Vice-president.
• So as to move further with his education, President José Eduardo dos Santos moved to the former USSR and there he recieved his engineering degree.
• President Jose Eduardo dos Santos returned to Angola and joined hands with Exercito Popular de Libertacao de Angola (EPLA) which is a branch of MPLA.
• In 1974, President José Eduardo dos Santos was promoted to Sub commander in the second region of the telecoms service.
• President Jose Eduardo dos Santos became the coordinator of the MPLA’s Department of foreign affair. He also looked towards its health department.
• After the death of the first president of Angola, President Jose Eduardo dos Santos came into power on 20th September, 1979.
Please let everyone know what you think about this president. Do you like him or not and why ? Leave your comment below.