President Abraham Lincoln
• President Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of The United States
• Known as a preacher of democracy, President Abraham Lincoln was very vocal about his dissatisfaction with the South, right from his very first speech wherein he made it clear that he would be willing to use force, if needed, for the prevalence of law and order in the country.
• Born in the family of a frontiersman in Kentucky in 1809, President Abraham Lincoln had to struggle to make ends meet. President Abraham Lincoln is known to have completed his initial studies under street lights and had to struggle hard to survive during the initial few years of his life.
• President Abraham Lincoln deemed secession to be legal and called the states for an additional 75000 volunteers when Fort Sumter was attacked by confederate forces. Four slave states had joined him, thus kicking of an era- a civil war.
• After marrying Marry Todd, he gave birth to four boys, but only one was able to live past maturity.
• As a President, he bolstered the Republican Party and it grew into a strong nationwide party.
Please let everyone know what you think about this president. Do you like him or not and why ? Leave your comment below.