President William McKinley
• President William McKinley was the 25th president of The United States
• Known as the advance agent of prosperity, President William McKinley had assumed office when the depression of 1893 was at its peak.
• He was backed by the wealthy Republican businessman Marcus Hanna and was a striking opposite to his democrat opponent William Brian.
• Hanna was the main financier of President William McKinley’s campaign and while he was buy raising funds for the Eastern Republican wing, McKinley was busy networking with delegates in the front porch of his Ohio based mansion.
• The combination of an elaborate orator and a wealthy businessman struck well and President William McKinley had won by the maximum margin since 1872.
• His personality, great oration and popularity amongst his students and peers helped him in skyrocketing to a Congress seat when he was just 34 years old.
• Due to his exquisite knowledge of economy and finance, he was also elected to the then powerful Ways and Means committee.
• He was also known as the man behind the highest tariff rates in American history, which were imposed by him owing to the extensive economic damage made by the depression of 1893.
Please let everyone know what you think about this president. Do you like him or not and why ? Leave your comment below.